You should know that Cauterets station has been classified as a Historic Monument since 18 December 1981.
And its originality is not a matter of doubt for any visitor.
Built on the occasion of the 1889 Universal Exhibition and housing the Norwegian Pavilion, the building was moved and rebuilt in Bordeaux to be deposited in Cauterets. It was commissioned in June 1898 and inaugurated in April 1901.
The line from Pierrefitte to Cauterets was decommissioned in 1949, the rail service being replaced by buses.
About fifty metres long, built entirely out of wood, in worked pichpin, it is a long building with a single-storey central body with two pavilions at its ends with large doors inscribed in a wooden arcade. The wooden planks are fixed to a framework of vertical beams with St. Andrew's cross discharges. A gallery runs along the west façade.
The Cauterets station could have been a copy of a Colorado or Texas station as the Western style is amazing.
Today it is notably used as a hall for concerts and shows.
Place de la Gare,
Tel: 05 62 92 53 70
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator