The Sacred Art Museum of Notre-Dame de la Drèche has its origins in the apparition of the Virgin Mary to shepherds in the 12th century and the discovery of a statue of the Virgin Mary with the Child.
It is the beginning of a pilgrimage dedicated to Our Lady of the Drèche or of the Right which will involve, in 1863, the construction of an octagonal rotunda of about twenty meters, as wide as high, to welcome the faithful.
Pilgrimages were organized for the salvation of the infirm and the health of the sick.
The Museum is located in the back-sacristies of a monument built in memory of these events.
It houses an exhibition of chalices, monstrances, ciboria, cruets, incense-boxes, monstrances and reliquaries, old chasubles and precious lace aubs...
It also contains a Latin Bible from 1536, a 15th century Norman Pieta, an 18th century ivory crucifix...
A tour is proposed including a guided visit of the church and its paintings, the ascent of the bell tower, the visit of the exhibition of Sacred Art and the Franciscan choir and a visit to the Museum of the Mission of Mato Grosso (Brazil).
Notre-Dame de la Drèche also houses a manual carillon, composed of 36 bells, considered one of the most dynamic in France.
Museum of Sacred Art
Notre-Dame de la Drèche
Tel : 05 63 53 75 00
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator