Built at the beginning of the 18th century, this fortress is today an open-air theatre. It was destroyed in 1944, then rebuilt in 1953 on the initiative of H.S.H. Prince Rainier III.
Its military architecture, the watchtower with which it is equipped, the almost solitude that can be found there, everything contributes to give it a special charm. Its platform has been pleasantly arranged and a pyramid of cannonballs occupies the centre. The military architecture of the fort has been highlighted by pittosporum borders that serve as protection where there is no parapet.
Free access off-site
Avenue de la Quarantaine
Phone: 377 93 15 80 00
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator