What to do with a water tower when it is no longer useful?
This is the question that the Municipality of Palavas had to answer at the end of the 80s.
Is a water tower part of the heritage of a town or village?
Everyone has their own answer.
Still, today Palavas-les-Flots has a magnificent facility.
The Lighthouse of the Mediterranean has been transformed into a Congress and Seminar Centre with a promenade bridge and a panoramic revolving restaurant, as well as the Municipal Tourist Office.
Without touching the so particular character of this fishing village, the Lighthouse of the Mediterranean makes the lights of Palavas-les-Flots shine in the distance.
This building, with its multiple functions, welcomes walkers, visiting groups and congress participants seduced by the setting.
Everyone can enjoy the comfort of this splendid building and the absolutely unforgettable view :
- 260 m2 of total glazing area,
- 196 seats, amphitheatre capacity,
- 200 covers, from the revolving panoramic restaurant,
- 90 minutes, the time it takes to rotate the restaurant floor,
- 64 metres above sea level, the highest point of the building, at the top of the spire,
- 37 meters, the height of the panoramic revolving restaurant,
- 34 metres, the height of the promenade deck and the bar,
- 20 seconds, the panoramic elevator ride.
Phare de la Méditerranée
Place de la Méditerranée
Tél. : 04 67 68 61 16
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator