The troglodytic church of Saint-Cristofol de Peyre, named after its patron saint, a relic of which was probably brought back from Spain by the Rouergat crusaders in the 10th century, is attached to a tufa cliff. Built directly into the rock of the cliff in the 11th century and then fortified in the 17th century, it is now a rarity, all the more so since 2001, when it was given beautiful stained glass windows by a local artist, Emmanuel Chauche. Listed in the inventory of historical monuments in 1936, it benefited at the end of the 1980s from the attention of two associations, Sauvegarde du Rouergue and the Friends of the Château de Montaigu, who carried out reinforcement and renovation work, saving this building from ruin.
With a Romanesque base, this church presents a set of astonishing defensive elements: bretches, assomoirs, fire hydrants...
From the church, you have an impressive view of the Millau Viaduct and the Tarn.
Comprégnac town hall
Rue de la Mairie
Tel : 05 65 62 31 06
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator